This post was contributed by
Helping Clients Help Themselves
One of the best things we can do for our clients is to help them become good self advocates when we’re not around. Good communication is the key!
Specifically, we can work with them:
1. To determine what their communication style is and how to improve it
- Self inventory
- Video sessions
2. To help them become a good negotiators:
- Achieve clarity about their bottom line
- Set realistic goals
- Practice time management
- Adopt a collaborative spirit
3. To manage emotions
- Look forward, not back
- Focus on success, not failure
Return to the Master List of Health & Patient Advocate Educational Programs.